Blogs > Lighten Up With Sarah

31-year-old Sarah Cannon, of Painesville, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A New Week, A New Start

I always think I have everything figured out, then something happens in my life and reminds me that God's plans are bigger than mine.  I thought I was doing a great job with working out 3 times a week at night at the Y.  Getting up at least once during the week to run on the treadmill.  I was doing ok with my eating and my tracking.  In the midst of all that, I lost sight of spending time with my family.  God made me realize that this past week as I have been sick and not able to work out.  I have been able to spend more time resting and enjoying my 3 little boys!
 
I also realized that I was not doing very well with the diet and the program.  I am the type of person that needs weekly goals.  With only weighing in 1 time per month for the Lighten Up Challenge, I always came up with excuses as to why I could this piece of chocolate or why I could eat these french fries.  I still had x amount of weeks to the weigh in.  I could still lose the weight.  That doesn't work for me.  So I reached out to my dad and my sister to help challenge me and keep me accountable.  This week we are focusing on tracking everything we eat into MyFitnessPal.  Next week we will focus on one of their struggle areas.  I am so glad to be in this competition with them.  It is nice to know we are striving to get healthy together as a family!  So far, I am doing really well at tracking.  It is very eye opening to see just how many calories you can eat in a day if you aren't paying attention!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home