Blogs > Lighten Up With Sarah

31-year-old Sarah Cannon, of Painesville, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Last Blog

This is my final blog on the Lighten Up journey.  I am ready for the competition to end to be honest.  6 months is a long time.  But it has also given me the right amount of motivation to keep pushing forward with my exercising and eating healthy.  I have not posted a gain any month during this competition and I am pretty sure this will be the month that I do.  I am right at where I was last month, but not sure I will show a loss.  I will be disappointed if I post a gain, but overall I am very pleased with my progress.  I had a 10lb 11oz baby (my 3rd child) 1 year ago July 6th.  On Monday at my final health assessment, I learned I had lost 3 1/2 inches off of my waste, 1 1/2 inches off my hips and another inch off my thighs.  That is a great loss!  I will take that over weight loss any day!  I consider that a victory!
 
Another victory I celebrated this past weekend was running my first ever Johnnycake Jog with my sister.  We both ran the entire race and finished at 51:11 and 51:18 respectively!  We are even talking about training for a 10K or 10 miler next summer. 
 
I hope that I do not fall off the bandwagon after the competition is over.  I am currently in my normal weight range that I have been in for the past several years.  And I am good with that.  Lighten Up helped me shed the last of my baby weight and gave me the motivation to get healthy again!
 
Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home