Blogs > Lighten Up With Sarah

31-year-old Sarah Cannon, of Painesville, is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ahuja 5K

My sister and I ran in the University Hospitals Ahuja 5K on Sunday.  We were trying to beat our previous times from about 2 months before.  Little did we know that we would mainly be running uphill and into the sun the whole way.  And not to mention, it was one of the hottest days of the year so far.  With that being said, I ended up walking about 3 times.  I think she walked twice.  I only added about a minute and a half to my overall time.  I was actually pleased with that.  I am still faster than what I ran the YMCA Turkey Trot in back on Thanksgiving Day.  Now we need to get ready for the Johnnycake Jog in July.  We can do the distance, we just need to practice with the hill and the heat. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home